Knoch is pleased to accept resumes in application for the position, Project Manager/Estimator. Full job description follows.
Please send a resume and cover letter to info(at)knochcorp.com
Include but are not limited to:
- Bring the job at or below budget with a high quality of workmanship to the Owner’s complete satisfaction.
- Accurate forecasting of cost for job completion.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all major project issues and priorities, prepare and submit monthly project status and financial reports.
- Preparing, publishing and monitoring of construction schedule. Schedule shall be maintained and kept current.
- Obtain, review, process, and make sure all shop drawings and submittals are in compliance with Contract Documents. Also monitor approval process to assure quickest possible turn around.
- Manage project start-up, project completion, and close out activates.
- Provide general administrative and technical leadership for the project. Maintain all project records and monitor correspondence.
- Handle all correspondence and paperwork requirements for complete compliance with the Contract Documents.
- Perform Business Development along with the Vice President to ensure continued growth.
- Represent company in Project Meetings.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with owner, architect and engineer.
- Locate, solicit and prequalify subcontractors for bidding.
- Review supplier and subcontractor bids/quotes
- Create bid packages for subcontractors.
- Create full project estimate and preform associated take-off work.
- Produce preliminary construction budgets.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prefer a minimum 5 years of Commercial Project Manager experience with a General Contractor, Construction Manager or Design Build Firm.
- Undergraduate or associates degree in construction management, engineering or business administration.
- Experience estimating and managing projects over $10 million.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to read and understand Construction and Bidding Documents.
- Proven to be highly self-motivated, have strong initiative and solid judgment.
- Proficient in Project Management Scheduling, Construction Software and Word Processing Applications.
- Understanding of project level accounting.
- Salary and bonus opportunities available.
- Benefit package includes Health Insurance, a 401(K) and Profit Sharing Plan, and paid time off.
ABOUT THE KNOCH CORPORATION
Founded in 1947, The Knoch Corporation is a mid-sized General Contractor located in North Canton, Ohio. Initially, the company focused on the residential market, gradually expanding to include the commercial and industrial field throughout Northeast Ohio. We are looking to hire a Project Manager for the North Canton office. The Project Manager will provide leadership and oversee the administrative aspects of assigned construction projects while supervising the activities of the Superintendent, Project Assistant, and Engineers. The Knoch Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/MF